"One of the more underrated Rhone varieties and an exciting new varietal from Rogue Valley, Oregon. A full-bodied Red on the lighter side with 13.9% alcohol content, StoneRiver's Mourvedre stands out with it's strong fruity flavors and hints of smoke and spice. Big red fans will love the taste, smell and way this Mourvedre feels on the palate."
Jonathan Oberlander, Winemaker
2021 Wine Press NorthWest's 21st Annual Platinum Judging
2020 SavorNW Wine Competiton
- "Double Gold" 96 Points
2020 San Francisco Wine Competition
- "Silver Medal"
- Vintage: 2017 Mourvedre
- Appellation: Rogue Valley (AVA), Oregon
- Aging: 16 months in oak barrels
- Chemistry: pH 3.74; TA 6.9 g/lt
- Alcohol: 13.9%
- Residual Sugars: 0.2%
- Varietal: 100% Mourvedre
- Clone: 369
- Root Stock: 101-14
- Certification: LIVE independently certified
- Date Harvested: 17 Oct 2017
- Chemistry: Brix: 20.4 (+3.0); pH 3.54; TA 6.9 g/lt
- Cases Produced: 100 cases
- Date Bottled: 13 Mar 2019
- Date Released: 19 Oct 2019
- Delicious to the taste, refreshingly sippable. Best if left to sit open for at least 20 minutes after opening.
Our 2017 Mourvedre pairs well with:
- Slow braised, grilled and stewed meats of all kinds
- Games of all types
- Lamb, Portk and Beef
- Often paired with roasted salmon, ahi tuna, and other fish dishes that are served with caramelized onions and other vegetables, as well as lentils, eggplants, mushrooms, herbs and root vegetables.
- With it's fresh spicy character it goes well with a variety of hard and soft cheeses.
Pronunciation: "mohr-VED-dra", or "more-VEH-drha"
Origin: Generally, thought to originate in Spain.
Notable Regions: Mourvedre likes warm, dry climates. Argentina (62% of world's exports), France, Italy, Spain, South Africa, New Zealand and the USA.
Grape Color: Purple
Wine Color: Red.
Wine Sweetness: Dry
Oak: Typically aged 6-18 months in American or French Oak
Body: Medium-to full-bodied wine
Grape Clusters: Relatively compact, with small thick-skinned clusters.
Tannin: High tannins
Acidity: Low acidity
ABV (Alcohol by Volume): 13.5% – 15%
Fruit Taste: Cherry, plum, tomato, & dried fig
Other Taste: Cedar, leather, tobacco, vanilla, dill, & clove
ALASKA AIRLINES "WINES FLY FREE" PROGRAM
Take a Taste of Oregon Wine Home with you Free on Alaska Airlines
Here's how it works.
- Offer is available to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ members only.
- You must add a valid Mileage Plan number to your reservation.
- You can check one case of wine for free on Alaska Airlines flights departing from Medford Oregon.
- The Wine Flies Free program applies only on flights within the US, operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and SkyWest.
ADDITIONAL TASTING NOTES
This 2017 Mourvdre is " rather remarkable with notes of ripe red fruit, violet and guimauve. Its structure is rather complex and light on its feet, making for fun and balanced wine."
WINE PRESS NORTHWEST'S 21st Annual Platinum Judging