"Medium body with notes of plum, cherry and chocolate. This Tempranillo has a candied character, both in the nose and on the palate. Rasberry cookie flavors come through, but despite the high alcohol content (14.7%), the wine remains light and simple."
Jonathan Oberlander, Winemaker
WINEPRESS Northwest "20th Annual Platinum Competition - The Best of the Best!
- "Gold Medal"
2019 Sip Northwest "Best of the Northwest"
- "Judges Pick"
2019 SavorNW Wine Competition
- "Gold Medal"
2019 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition:
- "Gold Medal"
- "Best in Class" for Label
- ""Medium body with notes of plum, cherry and chocolate. This Tempranillo has a candied character, both in the nose and on the palate. Rasberry cookie flavors come through, but despite the high alcohol content (14.7%), the wine remains light and simple.""
- Vintage: 2017 Tempranillo
- Appellation: Rogue Valley (AVA), Oregon
- Aging: 12 months, 50% new oak
- Chemistry: pH 4.11; TA 6.9 g/lt
- Alcohol: 14.7%
- Residual Sugars: 0.8%
- Varietal/Blend: 100% Tempranillo
- Clone: 770; 11
- Root Stock: 101-14
- Certified: LIVE indepedently certified
- Date Harvested: 17 Oct 2017
- Chemistry: Brix 22.7 (+ 1.5); pH 3.77; TA 6.9 g/lt
- Production: 453 cases
- Date Bottled: 6 Mar 2019
- Date Released: 16 Nov 2019
Sippability: A smooth, sippable surprise. Mild tannins and decent supporting acidity make this an extremely drinkable and rewarding taste by itself.
Our 2017 Tempranillo pairs well with:
- Turkey sausage, bacon & ham.
- Lasagna, pizza and dishes with tomato-based sauces.
- Barbecue grilled-meats & smoky dishes.
- Grits, polenta, and dishes with corn as a major ingredient.
- Mexican food such as beef tacos, nachos, beef burritos, and chile rellenos.
- Vegetable stew, roasted eggplant and grouper.
NAME: Tempranillo. Name is the diminutive of the Spanish temprano, a reference to the fact that it ripens several weeks earlier than most Spanish red grapes.
NOTABLE REGIONS: Spain (over 80% of vineyards worldwide), Portugal, Argentina, Australia, USA
GRAPE COLOR: Black
WINE COLOR: Red. Somewhere between Pinot Noir & Syrah.
WINE SWEETNESS: Dry
OAK: Typically aged 6-18 months in American or French Oak
TANNIN: Medium-plus tannins
ACIDITY: Medium-minus acidity
ABV (Alcohol By Volume): 13-14.5%
FRUIT TASTE: Cherry, plum, tomato, & dried fig
OTHER TASTE: Cedar, leather, tobacco, vanilla, dill, & clove
ALASKA AIRLINES "WINE FLIES FREE" PROGRAM
Take a Taste of Oregon Wine Home with you Free on Alaska Airlines
Here's how it works.
- Offer is available to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ members only.
- You must add a valid Mileage Plan number to your reservation.
- You can check one case of wine for free on Alaska Airlines flights departing from Medford Oregon.
- The Wine Flies Free program applies only on flights within the US, operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and SkyWest.